Roast Pork Tips
The secret to getting the perfect crackling:
- The crispiness of crackling does not depend on the thickness of the fat or the skin, but rather on dryness of the skin. To help dry the skin and ensure perfect crackling, leave your pork roast (covered with a paper towel) in the fridge for up to 24 hours before cooking.
- Check out the following crackling recipe
Tips for roasting your meat:
- Meat is best cooked from room temperature -so bring your pork out of the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. While your oven is heating score the skin and rub the skin with oil and salt, and place in the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes, then turn heat down to 160°C and roast until done.
- Be sure to elevate the roast by placing on a rack during cooking. This ensures even cooking and crispy skin around the sides.
- Make sure you rest your meat before carving
- Check out our recipe for further information on roasting pork