- Dry the skin of your raw roast pork.
- Score the skin – make sure your scores run deep – right the way through the skin.
- Drizzle a couple of tablespoons of oil and rub in to the skin
- Massage salt into the skin.
- Rest for an hour or two (or longer if you can).
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C, then place roast in oven and roast for 1 hour per kg or pork.
- Your roast is ready when your meat thermometer shows 71˚C (this is the internal temperature from using a meat prong thermometer), or the pricked pork juices run clear.
- For super crispy, remove roast from oven, and carefully lift crackle/skin from the roast (have paper towels handy).
- Place crackling on a rack and place in tray back in the oven on 220˚C for 10 minutes while you let the roast pork meat rest
Cover your meat while it is resting – it is a good way for the meat to let the juices settle, and will make carving easier.