Directions: CONVENTIONAL OVEN
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C. Remove shanks from bag and place in an ovenproof dish with sauce (from packet) and cover. Place on the middle shelf and roast for 30 minutes (if thawed) 1 hour 20 minutes (if frozen).
- Remove cover, baste shank with sauce. Increase temperature to 200⁰C and return to the top shelf of the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes basting occasionally.
Directions: BOIL IN THE BAG
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Place shank (in bag) into the saucepan. Do not cover. Heat for 45 minutes from frozen or for 30 minutes if thawed. Remove pan from heat and let stand for 2 minutes before carefully removing shank and sauce from bag.
- If required the shank can be browned and sauce thickened before serving. Preheat the oven to 200⁰C. Place heated shank in an ovenproof tray and place in the top of the oven for 10-15minutes.
- Stir sauce before serving.
- Cut the corner of the bag, and place in the microwave in a microwaveable container. For thawed shank heat on high for 4 minutes , stand for 2 minutes, then heat again for 2 additional minutes (for 750W oven). For frozen shank heat on high for 6 minutes , stand for 2 minutes, then heat again for 3 additional minutes (for 750W oven).
- Stir before serving