Preston’s Master Butcher proudly presents you with an extensive range of quality NZ Lamb.
Our farmers adhere to strict criteria to provide an almost exclusively free-range grass feed production system to produce nutritious, tender, and incredibly delicious lamb.
Our lamb can be found on the menus of the most distinguished restaurants, the best curry houses, the winning gourmet burger brands, other notable organisations and can feature on your menu in your home.
Understanding methods for cooking Lamb is crucial to ensure you get the most out of your meat.
- BBQ/Grill – Cooking on the BBQ is a summer kiwi tradition. The following cuts are ideal for the BBQ: Back Strap, Butterflied Leg, Schnitzel, Leg Steaks, Loin Chops, Rump, Shoulder Chops, Ribs
- Slow Cook – Whether you’re using a slow cooker, or cooking in a casserole dish in the oven, there are a range of lamb cuts that will produce tender, juicy, nutritious succulent family meals. Meals cooked slowly retain maximum nutrition as well as developing a delicious depth of flavour. Don’t let the time put you off; the preparation is quick and easy. Simply place your ingredients in the crock pot, then the slow cooker do the rest. Best cuts to use are: Shoulder, Neck Chops, Diced Lamb, Shoulder Chops, Shanks, Leg Steaks
- Stir Fry – Quick and simple, highly nutritious, stir frys are the perfect complete meal. Choose from the following cuts for your perfect stir fry: Back Strap, Schnitzel, Leg Steaks, Rump
- Pan Fry – This fast and incredibly simple cooking technique is the building block for many great lamb recipes. Best cuts to use are: Back Strap, Schnitzel, Leg Steaks, Loin Chops, Shoulder Chops, Ribs
- Poach/Simmer – This cooking method uses moist, gentle heat to transform lower-priced lamb into flavoursome, moist, tender meat. The best cut for this method of cooking is: Neck Chops
- Roast – Roasting is one of the easiest cooking methods; once it’s in the oven it takes care of itself. Use the following cuts for your perfect roast: Butterflied Leg, Rump, Carvery Leg, Shoulder, Thick Flank, Rack, Leg