Cumberland Bacon is one of New Zealands finest bacon and has won many awards in New Zealand’s Ham and Bacon competitions. The natural smoking method along with a perfect blend of subtle undertones produce a well balanced dry-style traditional bacon.
Cumberland Bacon is a raw bacon and is delicious grilled, pan-fried, on its own, or as a complimentary ingredient. Choose your type of bacon from the following:
- Streaky Bacon – Made from the belly of the Pork, we present you with this incredibly versatile, highly desirable, naturally wood smoked raw bacon product. An essential item for every fridge; the perfect breakfast accompaniment, amazing in sandwiches, and THE product to enhance any dish (in salads, pastas, wrapped around chicken, prunes). Cumberland Streaky Bacon crisps to perfection, and injects every dish with amazing flavour.
- Middle Bacon (**AWARD WINNING) – Crafted from the middle loin, naturally wood smoked, this bacon is incredibly lean (up to 30% leaner than other variants), the “meaty” bacon for the health conscious.
- Shoulder Bacon (**AWARD WINNING) – Crafted from the shoulder cut, naturally smoked, shoulder bacon is perfect to add as an ingredient to your meal creations, and will transform the flavour profile of any dish
- Gammon Bacon – bacon originating from the hind leg; natural Beech wood smoked
- Bacon Hocks – bacon hocks are an essential base for stocks and soups
- Bacon Bones – bacon hocks are an essential base for stocks and soups