Traditional Irish Stew
- Cut the neck chops into large pieces.
- Slice 1/3 of the potatoes, and cut the rest into large chunks
- Starting with ½ of the potato chunks, arrange layers in the casserole dish. Chunky potatoes first, then add ½ the herbs, and half the meat. Another layer of potato chunks, the remainder of the herbs, and the remainder of the meat, finishing with the sliced potatoes on top.
- Pour 450mls of water over the contents of the casserole dish. Place a layer of foil over the top, before adding the lid.
- Cook in the oven at 120ºC for about 2 hours, checking liquid level occasionally and adding extra water if needed (there should be enough liquid left to make a gravy).